Pasta is the staple diet of Italians and this Italian delicacy is actually a powerhouse of taste. You can add different ingredients to it to make vegetarian or non-vegetarians variations. Making pasta is very easy today, all thanks to Kent Noodle & Pasta Maker. You can have customised and hygienically made pasta ready in no time using this appliance.
Making pasta in the desired shape is few minutes’ job using this appliance. The pasta gets neither soggy nor does it clump together. The process is seamless and you can make the dough by adding all healthy ingredients of your choice.
Here are few healthy pasta salad recipes that you should definitely try.
- Tricolour Pasta Salad: Make spiral pasta using three different kinds of dough making use of spinach and beetroot puree in two and the third one in normal colour. Boil these and keep them aside. Now in a bowl take some diced vegetables and add to it vinegar, black pepper, basil, olive oil, sugar, oregano, garlic, and salt. Add drained pasta in tricolour to it and add grated Parmesan cheese. Toss it, cover and refrigerate for an hour or two before serving.
- Pasta Lentil Salad: Extrude the pasta of your choice using your pasta maker. Soak and boil some lentils and pasta. Add some chopped carrots, onions, cucumber and bell pepper to it. Make a dressing of basil, red pepper flakes, oregano, garlic, lemon, and salt. Add it to the salad and enjoy.
- Macaroni Coleslaw: Make macaroni pasta. Boil, drain and transfer to a large bowl. Add to it coleslaw mix, some white onions, green pepper, celery, cucumber and most importantly water chestnuts for that extra crunch. In another bowl, whisk some sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper for dressing. You can also use mayonnaise for dressing. Pour the dressing over the salad and refrigerate for an hour before serving.
- Linguine Vegetable Salad: Make Linguine pasta, cook and drain it. Place it in a bowl and now add to it baby tomatoes, artichokes, baby spinach, red onions, capers, and cheese. Make a dressing in a separate bowl by whisking together 1/3 cup olive oil, 1 tsp. dried tarragon, 4 tsp. lemon juice, a little lemon peel, 2 tsp. rice vinegar and salt and black pepper to taste. Toss the salad with this dressing, chill and serve.
- Tagliatelle Pasta Salad: Tagliatelle pasta provides the perfect base for this tongue-tingling salad. You can make it very healthy by loading it with lots of fresh vegetables and then pouring a flavourful dressing over it. Make pasta in your pasta maker, boil and drain it. Now add julienned salami, cubed provolone cheese, sliced ripe olives, thinly sliced zucchini, red onion and grated Parmesan cheese. Take a jar with tight-fitting lid and add the dressing ingredients to it. These are olive oil, mustard sauce, vinegar, garlic, oregano, basil and salt and pepper. Shake vigorously and pour over the vegetables and pasta. Cover and chill the bowl overnight to get the extra yummy taste as the dressing ingredients get absorbed by the pasta.
There are numerous healthy vegetarian and non-vegetarian salad recipes that you can try with pasta. Keep experimenting and have fun with your pasta maker.